Spooky Season is here and everybody is geared up for deadly Halloween decorations, scary makeup and fiendish food ideas. To add a tinge of horror to your snacks, here are some effortless ideas that will help you make eerie appetizers within no time.
So treat all ghosts & goblins with these treat to eat ghostly goodies on Halloween and have a gala time.
Freaky Finger Hot Dog
Hot dogs are a favorite with kids for this recipe, cut hot dogs in half (width wise) and then into quarters (length wise)
- Get a packet of crescent- roll dough and keep rolling it until it gets very thin.
- Now, cut the dough into strips, carefully wrap it around each piece of hot dog, make sure you are leaving the tip uncovered to resemble a finger.
- Bake it as per direction and serve it hot, you can place a spider web in the plate to add more spookiness.
Freaky Finger Hot Dog
Witch on a pretzel
Firstly, cut off tops of the pretzel rods and set them aside for some time.
- Melt 1 cup white – chocolate chips in a bowl, 1Table spoon shortening,stir until mixed then add few drops of green food coloring stir the mixture again until it is smooth.
- Dip the cut ends of pretzels into the white chocolate, covering at least top 2 inches. Place the pretzel sticks on wax paper and sprinkle the sides of each with coconut flakes to form hair.
- Embellish each pretzel stick with a Hershey’s kiss at the top and refrigerate it until the chocolate sets. With black decorating icing, draw the face details like eyes, nose and mouth. Place these scary sticks in a decorative glass on the party table.
Witch on a Pretzel
For making one monster you need to push minimum three marshmallows onto end of a skewer and then set aside.
- Microwave 1 cup white chocolate chips and 1 table spoon vegetable shortening in a bowl approx for a minute on a medium-high. It is good to stir microwave after every 10 seconds until mixture is smooth.
- Hold skewer, spoon the melted mixture over marshmallows until well covered. Place on wax paper, use black decorating gel for a mouth and red hots candy for eyes and your yummy monstrous marshmallows are ready.
Kids love doing Halloween crafts and what can be better than creating a haunted house that is easy to make and is perfect for setting a scary scene at Halloween Party. Let kids have gala time doing this fun Halloween Craft.
- An unfinished Cardboard House ( You can find some deal at the internet, if you don’t have one at home)
- Halloween Scrap book Paper
- Black Spray Paint & Foam Brushes
- Antique Matte
- Candle Light (Battery Operated)
- Halloween Stickers (Dimensional)
- Glitter Gold Dimensional Magic
- Firstly, paint the cardboard house with black spray paint.
- Grab scrapbook paper and tear it into stripes & pieces.
- Using foam brushes apply glue to the house, then stick paper over it.
- Let it dry for some time then apply one coat of glue over the paper to adhere other random pieces to the outside of the house. Let it dry completely.
- Apply one coat of the antique matte to the outside of the house and once it dries, apply one more coat of the antique matte.
- Shower some glitter gold dimensional magic to highlight details of the house such as windows, doors, roof. Let it dry overnight.
To complete the look, you can add fun dimensional stickers and put the battery operated candle inside to give a dramatic finishing to the house.
Give your home a decidedly devilish air by making some spooktacular DIY decorations this Halloween. These Halloween party decorations are easy & inexpensive and can be made within no time. So, here you can find bunch of easy decoration ideas that even your kids will be happy to make, with simple supplies and little creativity you can make so many decorations in a moment.
- Tissue Paper Balls Cum Pumpkins- Get orange tissue paper balls, and to change them into spooky pumpkins all you need is black construction paper. Cut the features & stem out of black construction paper and paste it on the tissue paper balls using glue. You can place them over table or mantel, to give a Halloween touch to your home decorations.
- Candles- Candelabra are known for their beauty and grace, transform them into spooky candles with tapers. Cover your candles with black ebony tapers and let them spread some ghostly glow.
- Effortlessly Eerie Living Room- To transform your living room into haunted one, simple tricks can be applied. Cover your living room furniture chairs etc with white sheets, run a cheesecloth cobweb across a mirror and place some twisted willow branches in candlesticks as shown in the picture. This will give an effortlessly eerie and creepy look to your living room.
- Frightening Floor Ghouls- For making this frightening floor ghosts, grab some tissue-paper balls and cut features from black construction paper to make eyes, mouth etc. Using glue dots, stick them firmly on tissue bells. Place them on the floor in a bunch to set a scary scene.
- Dried Apple Sinister Heads- You can make nasty faces out of dried apples, and place them on your buffet table or in the food tray. Peel off bunch of large apples and apply a mixture of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of salt on them to save from browning. With a peeler or knife, carve out details on apples like eye sockets, ears, mouth etc. If you want features to come out really well in apples, use whole cloves for making eyes and rice grains for making teeth. Let the apples dry, this drying process can take many days. You can make a spooky garland out of these dried apple faces, just sting them up and hang it in the entrance.
- Paranormal Portraits- For a more mischievous sprite, you can turn your portraits into paranormal portraits on Halloween. Make a black & white copy of any portrait on printer paper and cut out. Glue a piece of cardstock at the photo’s back, same as the size of photo and let it dry. Use an Acto knife to cut out eyes of the subject in the picture, piercing through the card stock and creating holes of approx ¼-inch in diameter. Through the back of the eyeholes, insert a mini red LED lights (you can use Christmas lights). Plug in the lights, remove the glass, giving a devilish look to the picture. Replace the frame’s backing if need be or secure it using tape. You can make fangs out of white paper and glue them to the subject’s mouth for a ghostly display.
Making kids eat properly until now have been a difficult and tricky task. Being a parent you must have experienced, that kids spend more time running around when asked to have a meal, they often eat food while watching their favorite cartoon on TV or while playing with their toys. However, as they start going to kindergarten they become more organized with their meals. I think is the right time to make some meal times rules for them though does not expect them to follow those rules immediately. Just remind them rules when they come to table and remember the key to instilling good table etiquette in practice.
- Wash Hands Before Meal-Make it the first rule of table manners, that kids need to wash their hands before starting any meal. Gradually, it should become a habit for them to wash hands before eating no matter whether they are eating at home or eating somewhere else.
- Use of Napkin- Teach your kids how to use napkin when they are eating. Tell them to place the napkin on their lap and when they are finished with their meal wipe their face with the napkin. Tell them the importance of using napkin so that they eat carefully and do not spill their food much.
- Chew With Mouth Closed- Kids tend to follow parents, so try eating once in front of them with mouth wide open they will surely find it tacky. Then, tell them to always chew food slowly and with their mouth closed. By doing so, they will learn it in a light, fun way.
- Not to Bring Any Toys or Books- Tell your kids strictly, not to bring any story telling book or their favorite game or toy to the table. He can carry on with such activities once he is done with his/her meal.
- Say Please & Thank You- Teach them to say please and thank you in their speech. If they want salt or ketchup to be passed onto them then tell them to say please pass on ketchup and be polite and say thank you when somebody’s serves them.
- No Talking or Negative Comments-Tell them that they should not indulge into talking while eating and if something have been cooked which they don’t relish eating they should not pass comments like Yuckk or eeewww! They should rather eat other food item, which they like.
- Be Seated Until Everyone Finishes- Tell them it is part of table etiquette to remain seated until everyone finishes and they should avoid leaving the table when everyone else is having their meal.
These are basics of table etiquette and you should start by teaching them basic initially and then introduce them to other things like how to hold knife, use of fork etc later. At this age it is good enough if kids follow these basic rules. For more tips for toddlers, keep reading our blog.
Raise the dead in your Halloween bash, by serving this Spooky Spider Web Pizza dip. This pizza is quick to make and makes a terrific treat for all the witches and warlocks attending your party. This scary spider web pizza will surely add to the Ghoulish fun while enchanting your taste buds.
Spider Web Pizza Spread
Spider Web Pizza
- 8 OZ softened cream cheese
- ¼ Cup, Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ Cup, Chopped Pepperoni
- ¾ Cup, Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Cup, Spaghetti Sauce
- Black olive cut in half (lengthwise)
- In a large bowl, mix softened cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese, pour chopped pepperoni and blend this mixture well.
- Stir in 2 Tbsp. Alfredo sauce in the mixture. Then, spread onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate.
Spider Web Pizza
- Top it with spaghetti sauce and spoon left over Alfredo sauce into a plastic bag and carefully cut small portion from the corner off bottom and drizzle in spiral design over the spaghetti sauce and pull toothpick through sauce to resemble spider web.
Spider Web Pizza
- Heat oven to 350 degree F. Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes and after baking add 1 olive half for the spider’s legs.
Spider Web Pizza
- Serve this spooky spider web pizza with crackers.
Halloween is all about ghostly treats and some wildly fun. To explore more Halloween party ideas keep reading our blog.