Looking for some simple and amazing recipe for Christmas luncheon? Here your search will come to an end, try this adorable and festive Candy Cane Christmas Cake this holiday season and delight your guests.
Kick start your Christmas dinner by serving this delicious and delectable candy cane cake.
- 2 packets dry yeast
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 6 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 10-11 ounce frozen & sweetened raspberries
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 9 teaspoon water
- 3 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Prepare filling – Take a saucepan, add all filling ingredients in it. Keep heating it until raspberries melt and stir it until the paste thickens. Remove from heat.
- Prepare cake - Take a large bowl, dissolve yeast in the warm water. Then start adding other materials one by one start with eggs, stir it, then add buttermilk, butter and sugar. Gradually add baking powder, salt and 2 ½ cups of flour. Stir it and then beat with electric mixer on low speed and then once on medium speed. Beat until you find dough soft and little sticky.
- Line up three cookie sheets and grease them. Turn the prepared dough onto parchment paper that is sprinkled with flour, now you need to knead the dough either using your hands or with a stand mixer.
- Once dough is prepared, divide it into three equal parts. Roll one part into rectangle 15×9 inches. Turn parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and slowly peel away parchment paper. Now spread 1/3 of the raspberry filling in a strip, down the center of the rectangle. Make cuts in dough at ½ inch intervals on both sides of the filling.
Fold strips over filling, in a crisscross back and forth and your candy cane cake is ready to delight at the holiday dinner.